[mythtv] MythMusic Compilation Artist Progress....

Colin Guthrie myth at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Jan 17 19:43:07 EST 2005

Just to keep the list updated.....

I've modified the metadata editor (actually the MetaIO classes) to have
read/write support for the compilation flag (at least for Ogg/FLAC/ID3)
in the metadata of the audio files.

As there did not appear to be a standard for this flag (at least in ID3
files - I guess VorbisComment could just have compilation=y...), I
thought I'd use the MusicBrainz identifier as people seem to like the
idea of putting MusicBrianz tags in there and I had actually already
written this flag to the file and just needed a little bit of logic to
read it out again.

From: http://www.musicbrainz.org/docs/specs/metadata_tags.html:

MusicBrainz Album Artist Identifier:

This identifier is used to indicate the artist for the album if the
tracks on the album are from various artists. Currently, only an artist
id of 89ad4ac3-39f7-470e-963a-56509c546377 is being used to indicate
that this track comes from a various artist album. If this field is not
present, the track comes from an album where all tracks were created by
the same artist.

So I've basically taken this to mean if this tag exists with the UUID
specified above, then the track is from a compilation. If it does not
exists, then it is not. Anyone have any probs with this??

If they do, please tell me how I should represent the compilation flag
in ID3 and VorbisComment and I'll do it that way instead.

Assuming this is OK, I think I've more or less finished, but it's 100%
untested, so will have to rip to Ogg/FLAC/MP3 to test it.

Also want to optimise a couple of routines.

I'll try and have something ready later this week.

Nighty night.

|     Colin Guthrie      |
|   myth at colin.guthr.ie  |
| http://colin.guthr.ie/ |