[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commits

Isaac Richards ijr at case.edu
Mon Jan 17 17:26:20 EST 2005

On Sunday 16 January 2005 10:27 am, Jeremiah Morris wrote:
> On 16 Jan 2005, at 4:55 AM, Ivor Hewitt wrote:
> > I was a little surprised to see the QT3.1 workaround applied to CVS
> > without
> > discussion actually.
>
> The last two times it came up, I didn't see any response from the
> developers either way. When the patch was originally proposed, Isaac
> said he wanted 3.1 compatibility and asked David Hardeman to change the
> patch. Because David was issuing several versions of that patch at the
> time, I assumed that the checkin with executedQuery() was
> unintentional. Since the last official word I found was pro-3.1, I
> assumed that was still the policy. I don't really care either way, I
> just don't want us to claim 3.1 compatibility while we're breaking
> compilation for 3.1.

I'd _like_ to keep compatability with 3.1.  But this is a major piece of
missing functionality that we can't emulate on that version, and if more of
the db queries are converted over to prepare/bindValue, then people using 3.1
will have no info to send to the list if a query isn't working..

There's two options here - lose compatability with 3.1, or keep it along with
a secondary message (say, 'Your version of Qt is too old to print out a valid
error message here.  Please upgrade.' or something) in the DBError function.
Thoughts?

Isaac