[mythtv] Re: Which ivtv driver and firmware should I use for Pvr 350?

Don Brett dlbrett at zoominternet.net
Sun Jan 16 11:49:56 EST 2005

Well, actually the board seems to work fairly well.  But I've gotten all
sorts of varying results, depending on which combination I use.

1. Using the released driver (ivtv-0.1.9) I couldn't get anything to the
TV-out port.  That was compounded by the tuner type problem (new tuner
type 49).

2. I tried the ivtv-0.3.1 family.  Someone on the users list strongly
suggested that I go to the ivtv-0.2.0 family.  Ok, but traded one
problem for another.

3. I eventually realized that the firmware might not be right.  So, I
went to and earlier version (pvr48wdm_1.8.22037.exe).  Now the box
doesn't lock up as often.

4. It took a while to figure out that the driver loading instructions on
the MythTv site didn't apply to the 0.2.x driver family.  I think I have
it right now, but I'm not really sure.

I've been working on getting this right since last fall and I've been
plaqued by an immense number of issues.  Listing them would just be come
across as whining, so let's not.  I asked this question on the users
list, but got zero responses, so, here I am :)

Or, perhaps, there isn't an answer.  Should I start a users poll to find
success stories?

Thanks,
Don