[mythtv] AC3 + bigdvb3.5 + australia + transport.c

Tim Davies tim at opensystems.net.au
Fri Jan 14 20:17:30 EST 2005

> OK, I have fixed it. I removed the code to switch tracks in GetFrame and
> changed mpeg.c to re-use the existing audio track when the codec changes.
> This means mpeg.c only supports one audio track, but the rest of myth has
> that problem anyway (except for TS recording of course.)

Two seconds after I send the last email, you fix it!  I was trying to think
of a way to not restrict mpeg.c to one track, but you do have a point about
the MythTV restriction.

> I have now tested this on both PS and TS recording. I set one card to be
> TS
> and one to be PS so I can test this problem properly.

Same.  Makes life interesting...

> This is the first time I have used TS recording and I like it. HD stations
> work (except seven which runs in slow motion!!???) and I can switch
> between
> audio tracks.

Okay, this is all the other stuff I have been talking about.

Seven HD (and SBS HD) both have (varying rates of) slo-mo on a channel
change.  They are fine if you start on those channels.  The only common
factor I found here was they are progressive scan video (576p).

The other thing is the timing is all screwy on TS recordings that have a PCR
transmitted as a separate stream.  If the PCR is the video stream, then it's
okay.  Unfortunately for us, I think this is the exception.

> Will post a patch later 'cuase I gotta go out now.

No probs, I've got some gardening to do.  Yippee!

Tim.