[mythtv] Re: mythmusic and LCDd segfault without LCDd OK

Eskil Heyn Olsen eskil at eskil.org
Fri Jan 14 16:48:52 EST 2005

On Fri, 2005-01-14 at 00:26 +0000, Allan Stirling wrote:

>   Didn't realise anyone else was working on the LCD code!
>
> I'm currently putting together a patch to remove the relics of
> LCD_DEVICE (It's still present in globalsettings.cpp) and to make the
> LCD device optional - ie following the code in AudioSettings to add just
> one enable / disable tickbox that removes all of the rest if disabled.

I'm not quite sure I follow you. Do you mean adding UI config options
for the LCD device ?

> Not ready for consumption yet, but I hope it doesn't tread on the toes
> of anything you're doing.

Since none of the stuff I've been working on is ready for consumption
either, I don't rely on the current code base to not change. So until
I'm ready to contribute actively, go a head with what you're doing. (I
don't even know who's actually doing all the LCD work, you ?)

So far what I've been doing is ;
- fixed screen priorities to work with LCDd cvs current, where a high
number means high priority (mythtv right now uses low numbers, as the
LCDd manpage describes??)
- fix the mythmusic crashes when there is a LCD device
- enhanced UIManagedTreeType to use Menu's when navigating.
- enhanced the use of the Generic screen when playing (ie the ' instead
of " problem).

The two latter ones don't work too well, since after navigating the
music tree, the Menu screen reverts to the Time screen, so you lose the
"playing" info.

I'm looking at fixing that, by using the Music screen for "playing" info
instead of the generic screen, and then make the Music screen have
higher priority than the Time screen, so that Menu will switch back to
Music while Music is playing.

Any comments hints appreciated. Also I'll happily give you my current
set of patches, but as I said, there's still a lot of kinks.

eskil
---