[mythtv] Multiple recording directories

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Fri Jan 14 03:12:57 EST 2005

> HI!
>
> Chris Pinkham wrote:
>
> > space.  The command line I use for the custom user job is
>
> What's a custom user job in Myth?
>
> Thomas

Commercial flagging and transcoding are handled by the
JobQueue.  When a recording finishes, if the user has
turned on automatic commercial flagging for a recording,
then a commercial flagging job is scheduled via the
queue.  The same for automatic transcoding.  There
are also 4 user jobs which may be customized.  You can
edit the description of the job and the command line to
run in the backend setup.  For instance on my setup,
User Job #1 is the myth_archive_job.pl script and User
Job #2 is a test commercial flagging program I was
trying.  On a few recordings for my wife, I setup
the recording to run the archive job.  On a different
set of recordings, I occasionally run the test
commercial flagging program.  The User Jobs are run
in order after commercial flagging and transcoding,
so if I have transcoding off and User Job #1 and
commercial flagging ON, then the JobQueue will run
commercial flagging, then archive the program.

You can also specify which jobs can run on a backend
via the setup program.  There is also a mythjobqueue
executable which runs just the JobQueue code without
having to startup a full backend just to process
jobs.  I use this occasionally on my development
box to run commercial flagging jobs on my production
Myth setup.  I'll schedule a bunch of jobs and let
mythjobqueue on my dev box pick them up and process
them since my dev box is much faster than my master
backend.

--

Chris