[mythtv] RE: MythMusic segfault on empty playlists

Paul mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Jan 13 13:33:21 EST 2005

Dustin Lucien wrote:

>MythMusic segfaults the frontend when I load without any playlists or
>ActivePlayQueue.   If I go into select music, and choose one song to
>be added to the active play queue, it works fine.  I started looking
>for a NULL pointer in databasebox or playlist.cpp, but haven't found
>it yet.  Heading to bed, so I thought I'd send it into the list.

>-Dustin

I think the problem is in void PlaybackBox::checkForPlaylists()
the curMeta is NULL if there are no tracks to play.

Sorry can't create a patch at the moment, I have too many other changes
in the playbackbox.cpp file that aren't relevent to this problem.

If you make these simple changes I think it should solve the segfault.

            if (class LCD * lcd = LCD::Get())
            {
+                   if (curMeta)
+                  {