[mythtv] Joining on a calculated column

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Wed Jan 12 15:10:05 EST 2005

David Engel wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 11, 2005 at 04:06:40PM -0800, Bruce Markey wrote:
>
>>David, while I don't mean to discourage any optimization =), as
>>ugly as this is, I don't think it has a real appreciable impact
>>on run time. Because if the CASE, only one or the other of these
>

> I'm really more concerned about clarity (sic) and maintainability,
> here.

Well that battle was lost long ago ;-) However, fromclauses,
whereclauses and progfindid make me wonder if TUQ could be built
from a set of QStrings that focus on separate parts of the query.

> I know you would tell me if the changes made things noticably slower.

Upon further review, Timeslot and Weekslot need the time functions
in the WHERE cluases whereas the Find* don't so it's pretty much a
toss up.

--  bjm