[mythtv] Need help debugging problem with scrambled TS streams.

Jesper Sörensen jesper at datapartner.se
Wed Jan 12 07:28:52 EST 2005

Anders Hanson skrev:

> More info!
>
> I turned on DumpTPDUDataTransfer in both MythTV and VDR and compared
> the logs.
> I did the test a couple of times with the same outcome. I had both VDR
> and MythTV use the same start channel.

Great, that seems like a good approach.

> Everytime I started VDR it successfully tuned to the channel and after
> a couple of seconds I got a picture.
> Eveeytime I started MythTV it failed.

Well, that's good news. If it's working with VDR we "just" need to
figure out where the difference is. :)

> What I can tell from the logs is that the CA_PMT that is sent
> fromMythTV is 8 bytes shorted than the CA_PMT that is sent from VDR
> and that I got 'Malformed PAT' errors in the MythTV.

OK, I see a couple of differences. There is some "private data" in the
CA descriptor that is stripped by Myth which it shouldn't do. I'll try
to make a patch for that later today. I can't promise this will fix
anything for you but it's a bug no less.