[mythtv] Maybe it *is* interrupt latency

Trey Boudreau trey at treysoft.com
Tue Jan 11 17:28:04 EST 2005

On Tue, Jan 11, 2005 at 10:44:15AM -0500, Kyle Rose wrote:

> FWIW, the blockiness problem I've encountered appears limited to the
> HD-2000: I get no such FIFO overrun issues with the 3000, so if you're
> using only 3000's, you should be okay.
>
> I am currently trying to grok the FIFO stuff in the bt878, because I
> think the btatsc driver handles FIFO overrun situations incorrectly.
> I should know more within a few days.  Thanks to Conexant for putting
> their data sheets online for free.

I suspect a bug in the 2000 driver.  I've seen three occations where the
entire OS became unstable after recording an hour-long program.  On the
first occation, all KDE applications stopped running and KDE itself
wouldn't start after restarting the X-server because of a bogus C++
symbol.  On the other two occations, the kernel paniced.  I use the
gentoo-dev-sources-2.6.9-r13 kernel with the cleanly-applied 1.6 driver
patches from pcHDTV.

-- Trey