[mythtv] DVB3.5 - removed channels won't come back

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Mon Jan 10 16:19:33 EST 2005

On Mon, Jan 10, 2005 at 10:57:09AM -0500, Taylor Jacob wrote:
> > Then I deleted all the channels from one transport in the myth setup
> > program, and ran the full scan of existing transports again. The removed
> > channels did not come back..
>
> The SDT (DVB) / TVCT (ATSC) version number is stored in dtv_multiplex.  This way
> the channel updates can be sped up considerably since the will also run while
> the backend is sitting idle trying to keep your network up to date.  Since you
> deleted the channels entries but did not change the serviceversion field scan
> decided your channels table was up to date for that transport, and never
> inserted them.   Did you see a message along the lines of "Channels Up TO Date
> for this Transport" when you were scanning?

Yes.

The above all makes sense. Yet I guess there are times when you do want
to fetch data and have it override your local edits. Could there be an
option to add missing channels even if the channels are up to date, for
example?

What if the network were to change its channel numbers (in the LCN
table)? That would only affect the NIT. I guess we wouldn't overwrite
the local channel numbers (in case those had been edited) but then
sometimes you might want to.

Cheers
Hamish