[mythtv] DVB3.5 - removed channels won't come back

Taylor Jacob rtjacob at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 10 13:09:56 EST 2005

> Broadcasters are only encouraged to not change the TVCT too often,
> they not required to. A 4 bit number will roll over too quickly to
> depend on it. You can achieve the goal of not hitting the database too
> often by storing the PSIP CRC instead, at the cost of storing a 4 byte
> number instead of a 4 bit number in the database.

Have you actually seen these version numbers change that quickly?

If the VersionChanges so does the CRC, unless you mean do a CRC on the payload
only..

> Why have MythTV fail whenever the broadcaster reboots their equipment,
> when you don't have to?

The only time it would fail is is they:
- rebooted their equipment kept the same VCT version
- changed the payload

This also would break all Set Top Boxes out there as well..

I also made a follow up post that was much clearer.. Sorry for shooting from the
hip before..