[mythtv] DVB3.5 - removed channels won't come back

Taylor Jacob rtjacob at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 10 12:28:25 EST 2005

Quoting Daniel Thor Kristjansson <danielk at mrl.nyu.edu>:
> This is a bug for ATSC. The version number is a 4 bit number you should
> not expect it to be accurate after you close and reopen the stream. It
> should not be in the database. Plus the TVCT is broadcast every 400 ms
> so this doesn't speed up getting guide data very much. There is nothing
> wrong with caching the table from the last time you tuned to the channel
> of course. Just update it at least once per tuning to the channel.

Why are the verison numbers not valid for you?  The only place I have seen the
versions change in the last 2 months is my PBS station which they have verified
that their PSIP is screwed up.. (Version changes every 5 seconds)..   The reason
the version number is there is NOT for speeding up guide insertion but not
having to hit the DB more than once and validate the program ID, names, etc of
each channel unless the version DID change..

If the ServiceVersion is removed from dtv_multiplex then everytime you change
channels it will re-hit the database and do about 10-20 queries.. I don't
follow your logic..  If you were flipping around with LiveTV you would be
hitting the database a good deal when the VersionNumber will let you know if
you need to or not..

Taylor