[mythtv] DVB3.5 - removed channels won't come back

Taylor Jacob rtjacob at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 10 10:57:09 EST 2005

> Then I deleted all the channels from one transport in the myth setup
> program, and ran the full scan of existing transports again. The removed
> channels did not come back..

The SDT (DVB) / TVCT (ATSC) version number is stored in dtv_multiplex.  This way
the channel updates can be sped up considerably since the will also run while
the backend is sitting idle trying to keep your network up to date.  Since you
deleted the channels entries but did not change the serviceversion field scan
decided your channels table was up to date for that transport, and never
inserted them.   Did you see a message along the lines of "Channels Up TO Date
for this Transport" when you were scanning?

> Deleting and re-adding the transport in the advanced screen did the
> trick.

When you did that you set the serviceversion field back to its default of 33. :)

Taylor