[mythtv] [patch] undo 12/24 Play extra dialog

Anduin Withers awithers at anduin.com
Sun Jan 9 15:48:43 EST 2005

> If you're concerned about keypresses, why not just hit Play from the
> first screen and save yourself three arrows?

Because:

"for those of us now accustomed to using the arrows for navigation (and
selection)"

> The reorganization wasn't
> just for manageableness but also to reduce the number of buttons on the
> main screen.

Yeah, I wasn't talking about code manageability, I get the fewer buttons
goal, but I think you took it too far (until there are more than two
possible start positions).

> Just a thought...

You went out of your way to make, at least to me, a very common activity,
incompatible with the old behavior. If you're going to push something down
to another dialog why wouldn't you at least make the old behavior the
default?

I may well be alone on this (after all I still hate the way mythvideo
flipped the world on its side in browse mode) but at a minimum the arbitrary
ordering should be fixed.

--
Anduin Withers