[mythtv] Question about where to add feature

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Sun Jan 9 13:17:02 EST 2005

I've added a feature to my local tree to add a category under "All
Programs" in the Watch Recordings view called "Favorites".  I've set a
database field on a recording schedule to mark it as a favorite and only
recordings marked as such show up in the list.  I'm finding this very
useful as I record alot of kids programs and since the holidays have
saved a bunch of things like Rudolph and Frosty.  This is making my
title view a little crowded and sometimes takes a little more time to
find a show I've recorded.  I've marked all the "parental" shows as
favorites and now can find them quickly.

My question is, where do the powers that be think I should add the UI
for marking a recording schedule as favorite?  Should this be in the
Scheduled Recording options somewhere or would it be better on the menu
from the MENU key in Watch Recordings or somewhere else.  The favorite
field only applies to entries in the record table (scheduled
recordings), it only makes sense as it pertains to recurring schedules.
I suppose this lends the argument that it should be in the Scheduled
Recording options but I wanted to check first before working up the UI
portion.

Thanks,
Kevin