[mythtv] keyword-based recording

David Engel gigem at comcast.net
Sat Jan 8 23:28:03 EST 2005

On Sat, Jan 08, 2005 at 02:02:45PM -0800, Chris Petersen wrote:
> Would someone like to explain to me how this works db-wise, so I can get
> it added to mythweb?

Key off of record.search to determine the following cases:

kNoSearch: Normal recording rule so do as you've always done.

kTitle, kKeyword and kPeopleSearch: Put the search phrase in
record.description and put something descriptive for the user to see
in record.title.  The convention is to put "<phrase> (<type> Search)"
in record.title, where <phrase> is the search phrase and <type> is
Title, Keyword or People as appropriate.

kPowerSearch: Put the "from" part of the raw SQL in record.subtitle
and the "where" part of the raw SQL in record.description and put
something descriptive for the user to see in record.title.

I don't think you should make kPowerSearch directly accessible to the
user.  Instead, you should probably keep the UI simple and duplicate
Bruce's Custom Record feature which uses kPowerSearch under the hood.
I'll defer to Bruce to describe what he's done.

> Does it support regex, etc?

No.  kTitle, kKeyword and kPeopleSearch currently only support SQL
LIKE comparisons with an implicit % prepended and appended to the
search phrase.

> Any other new recording option type things that I've missed lately?

Bruce and I are currently toying with something, but nothing's been
written yet and it won't be ready for a little while.  IOW, no, not
yet, but stay tuned.

David
--
David Engel