[mythtv] OSD placement wrong with aspect ratio change in latest CVS

Jonny Dobson jonny.dobson at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 09:09:18 EST 2005

I've just updated to the latest CVS (I was previously running a build
from the end of November). I know there have been a number of patches
recently for the OSD, and specifically a patch to fix the odd OSD
size/positions, but there's an issue with the position of the OSD in
the latest code.

I'm running with a DVB card, so some channels are 16:9 and some are
4:3. When selecting "Watch TV" from the main menu, the OSD is in the
correct place. If I change channel to a station that uses a different
aspect ratio, the OSD becomes offset down and to the right from then
on (with the isthmus theme, it loses about 1 line of program info text
of the bottom of the screen). Returning to the main menu and back to
TV will fix it until the next channel change.

This seems to be linked to the overscan settings. If I reset myth's
overscan scaling and displacement to 0, 0, 0, 0 the OSD is fine. But
if I put in my default overscan (in my case it's 3, 3, 8, -9 to
approximate the overscan on my DVB TVs internal tuner), the OSD
becomes offset on an aspect ratio change.

If I compile the current CVS with an older version of osdtypes.cpp,
this problem is goes away (although presumably the recent fixes for
the OSD postion go away too!).

Jonny