[mythtv] DVB 3.4 patch report #2

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Sat Jan 8 06:04:15 EST 2005

I had a second go with the DVB 3.4 patch today with the mutex creation
patch applied as well. Much better.

Comments:

1. Wrote the attached script to convert a 'scan' input file to SQL to
populate the dtv_multiplex table. The scan input file doesn't seem to
specify all the parameters (like DVB hierarchy) so some parameters are
set to auto still, or some other value.

Also, the correct source ID for Myth can't be known, so it's set in the
script near the top. Hope this might be useful to someone; saves my
typing all this in when I test out the patch each time. After importing
the data, just run a full scan of existing transports to get channel
information.

2. Channel surfing in live TV now works well, except that a couple of
channels caused the backend to disappear. I don't have backtraces yet
but will try to obtain them. One channel in particular was the ABC
(Australia) HDTV channel, which was showing a static image and has only
AC3 sound. (I don't have the AC3 patch applied or enabled.) I have
surfed passed some other HDTV channels with AC3-only sound without
failure though.

I ran out of time to try much more. However it seemed to be working
well! Thanks guys.

Hamish