[mythtv] [experimental patch] setup pcHDTV & PVR-x50

Daniel Thor Kristjansson danielk at mrl.nyu.edu
Fri Jan 7 14:39:18 EST 2005

This changes the setup for the pcHDTV card and the PVR-x50.

For the pchdtv I'm creating two device entries, one for the ATSC
hardware and one for the bttv hardware. I've added a column to
capturecard called "parentid" which contains the parent card's cardid.
This is prevents the 'daughter' bttv card from being listed as seperate
hardware, and also lets us find it when we are editing the pcHDTV card
entry in the Capture Card setup. This should also let us treat the
bttv inputs as extra inputs on the pcHDTV when scheduling recordings, so
we don't try to record from both at the same time (they share a tuner).

For both the pcHDTV and PVR-x50, I've eliminated inputs that don't make
sense for MPEG streaming cards, such as the audio and vbi device
entries. There are vbi and audio entries in the pcHDTV configure dialog,
but these are for the bttv 'daughter' card. I've also made the device
selection smarter. For the pcHDTV digital input I've restriced the valid
device entries to those with device minors greater than or equal to 32,
and for the PVR-x50 and the pcHDTV analog input I've restricted valid
device entries to those with minor numbers less than 16. I also check
the device entries so that there are no duplicate entries. For example,
if there is a /dev/v4l/video32 entry, a /dev/dtv and /dev/dtv0 entry all
referring to the same device, I only list the /dev/v4l/video32 entry.
I used the major() and minor() macro's so this should work with POSIX
systems other than Linux.

This shouldn't be applied right now, because it will mess up the
recorder logic if you connect any of the analog inputs of the pcHDTV
to a 'Video Source'. But I welcome comments. This is my first attempt at
really doing anything with the MythTV user interface classes, so I may
have handled the loading the bttv card incorrectly. Also, as far as I
know the vbi and audio device inputs of the PVR-x50 aren't used, but
I've never actually worked with that code....

This also breaks the dbcheck exit cleanup patch, and upgrades the db
version. So either backup and restore the db, or reset the db version
and drop the new capturecard column when done trying this patch.

-- Daniel