[mythtv] [patch] Updating channum for HDTV

Doug Larrick doug at ties.org
Mon Jan 3 14:56:21 EST 2005

Ashley Clark wrote:
> On Jan 1, 2005, at 5:04 PM, Doug Larrick wrote:
>
>> The attached simple patch uses the HDTV-style channum for HDTV
>> channels (<major>_<minor>, rather than just the channel number, when
>> updating an existing channel from DataDirect.
>
> I have a problem with this new patch. The guide information is incorrect
> for one of my stations here and this keeps changing the freqid for that
> station to an incorrect value. DataDirect has it listed as 27-2 but the
> broadcast is on 27-1 and there is no 27-2.
>
> Does anybody know who to contact about this discrepancy. I can't seem to
> get any response from the DataDirect people about problems like this.

Unfortunately, the DataDirect people will have to fix it.  Be persistent
but polite.

You could also try contacting your TV station -- tell them that the
Zap2it online listings are incorrect and ask if there's anything they
can do from their end.

Otherwise, you could write a simple MySQL script that fixes the damage,
and run it daily after your mythfilldatabase run.

It's likely this behavior of mythfilldatabase will become customizable
over the next few months, but a good solution is not immediately
forthcoming.

-Doug