[mythtv] mythmusic and broken QT on AMD64

Paul Barrette paulbarrette at gmail.com
Sat Jan 1 22:15:10 UTC 2005

This error still persists for me with amd64.  Ever since I updated
last week, mythmusic is no longer usable.  I updated QT from
trollteck, and mythtv works fine, so does weather web news etc.  Just
myth music is screwed up.  I made sure to set all the paths for music
src and the music database is up to date.  So, I am apprehensive when
people say "your qt is screwed", since I can demonstrate it with a
previously working one and a fresh qt.

I had a look at freevo and it can use xmms for music.  The interface
is much cleaner too.  Seems to me that this would be a better way to
go as xmms has proven itself.  Anyway, I digress...

Pb

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 09:24:52 +0100, Daniel Paessler <paessler at gmx.de> wrote:
> i have this problem, which i found on the mailing list some time ago.
> this happens when i try to play music. the problem appears since i
> upgraded my box to an Athlon 64, never had this with my Athlon XP
> (i use mythtv a long time, never had bigger problems).
> I use Gentoo, so there is no pre-compiled QT. QT compiles fine, i tried
> 3.3.2 and 3.3.3, same results...
> so the last answers told about a broken QT, but _what_ is broken here?
> is it Athlon 64 related? does someone use an thlon 64 successful with
> mythmusic? i have no idea where to search, maybe some wrong
> compiler-options? any ideas?
>
> here's what i get:
>
> QObject::connect: No such slot PlaybackBox::handleTreeListSignals
> (int,IntVector*)
> QObject::connect:  (sender name:   'musictreelist')
> QObject::connect:  (receiver name: 'music_playback')
> QObject::connect: No such slot PlaybackBox::previous()
> QObject::connect:  (sender name:   'prev_button')
> QObject::connect:  (receiver name: 'music_playback')
> QObject::connect: No such slot PlaybackBox::seekback()
> QObject::connect:  (sender name:   'rew_button')
> QObject::connect:  (receiver name: 'music_playback')
> QObject::connect: No such slot PlaybackBox::pause()
> QObject::connect:  (sender name:   'pause_button')
> QObject::connect:  (receiver name: 'music_playback')
> QObject::connect: No such slot PlaybackBox::play()
> QObject::connect:  (sender name:   'play_button')
> QObject::connect:  (receiver name: 'music_playback')
> QObject::connect: No such slot PlaybackBox::stop()
> QObject::connect:  (sender name:   'stop_button')
> QObject::connect:  (receiver name: 'music_playback')
> QObject::connect: No such slot PlaybackBox::seekforward()
> QObject::connect:  (sender name:   'ff_button')
> QObject::connect:  (receiver name: 'music_playback')
> QObject::connect: No such slot PlaybackBox::next()
> QObject::connect:  (sender name:   'next_button')
> QObject::connect:  (receiver name: 'music_playback')
> QObject::connect: No such slot PlaybackBox::toggleShuffle()
> QObject::connect:  (sender name:   'shuffle_button')
> QObject::connect:  (receiver name: 'music_playback')
> QObject::connect: No such slot PlaybackBox::toggleRepeat()
> QObject::connect:  (sender name:   'repeat_button')
> QObject::connect:  (receiver name: 'music_playback')
> QObject::connect: No such slot PlaybackBox::editPlaylist()
> QObject::connect:  (sender name:   'pledit_button')
> QObject::connect:  (receiver name: 'music_playback')
> QObject::connect: No such slot PlaybackBox::visEnable()
> QObject::connect:  (sender name:   'vis_button')
> QObject::connect:  (receiver name: 'music_playback')
> QObject::connect: No such slot PlaybackBox::hideVolume()
> QObject::connect:  (sender name:   'unnamed')
> QObject::connect:  (receiver name: 'music_playback')
> Segmentation fault
>
> happens with both 0.16 (ebuild) and current cvs.
>
> oh, and when i try to select video-list i also get a segfault, no errors...

> [...]

Utque fit, in gremium pulvis si forte puellae
  Deciderit, digitis excutiendus erit:
Etsi nullus erit pulvis, tamen excute nullum:
  Quaelibet officio causa sit apta tuo.   (Ov. Ars 1.149ff.)