[mythtv] still getting jitter/speed pulsing

Kyle Rose krose+mythtv at krose.org
Sat Jan 1 06:28:49 UTC 2005

>> So, my screens are at 60Hz, and my input is all 29.95 Hz, and I
>> still get this problem.  However, I see the problem only with the
>> new ffmpeg; if I sync libavcodec (and nothing else) back to 24 Dec,
>> there's no issue.  I'm puzzled as to what the ffmpeg guys could
>> have changed to cause this particular problem.
>
> Shouldn't be hard to figure out by reverting specific changes, as
> there weren't all that many.

I'll probably start by doing this because it's the most obvious place
to start, but I suspect the problem is not in ffmpeg itself, but in
the way mythtv is using it: it's likely that the changes in ffmpeg
just trigger a bug that has existed in NuppelVideoPlayer for some
time.  But who knows; only debugging will tell.

Cheers,
Kyle