[mythtv] [patch] automagic settings.pro (version 3)

Daniel Thor Kristjansson danielk at mrl.nyu.edu
Mon Feb 28 19:21:05 UTC 2005

]# Video Output Support
]ivtv support     yes
]x11 support      yes
]xrandr support   yes
]xv support       yes
]XvMV support     no
]XVMC VLD support no
]OpenGL vsync     no
]
]Still no mmx compile flag though, other than that it seems to
]work nicely.  How are you checking for XVmv support?
There is no need for the mmx compile flag, it's redundant with
"-march=c3".

It looks like I have a typo there, it should be XvMC support.
You need to explicitly enable it with "--enable-xvmc" That's
a change between v3 and v4. I don't want to enable it by
default, because it is still buggy on nvidia cards, as is
OpenGL vsync. Once you enable it it detects the XvMCW wrapper
library and uses that if it's found otherwise it links directly
to a vendor XvMC library preferring viaXvMC, then XvMCNVIDIA,
and finally I810XvMC. XvMCW is in X.org CVS for the next
release, or you can install it from
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/unichrome/

Since you are using a C3 (I'm assuming M series), XvMC-VLD
should be detected. What I do is look for /usr/X11R6/lib/libviaXvMC.*
if such a library exists I enable XvMC-VLD support, again
using XvMCW if it is available. I don't have an EPIA so maybe
I messed up?

-- Daniel