[mythtv] [patch] automagic settings.pro (version 4)

Daniel Thor Kristjansson danielk at mrl.nyu.edu
Mon Feb 28 03:28:48 UTC 2005

]]> configure also sets the "model name" from /proc/cpuinfo.
]]Cross compiling.  . =)
]Then you need to specify --cpu=targetcpu or --tune=targetcpu

I've updated the configure script patch. Now it documents the
"--cpu" and "--tune" arguements as advanced options to the
script when you run "./configure --help". If you really want
to support cross-compiling maybe "--cross-prefix" and "--cc"
should be exposed as well.

I've also incorporated all the using_XXX config options in
settings.pro, except for using_dvb. Since there is no standard
directory for the dvb headers yet it can't be autodetected.

By default all safe features are enabled if the libraries and/or
headers are found for them. XvMC and OpenGL VSync are still
disabled by default since they still have problems. But XvMC VLD
(Epia XvMC) is enabled if configure finds the libraries, since an
M6000 would be pretty useless as a MythTV box without XvMC.

"./configure --help" will show all the new options

I've moved the disabling of architecture specific features from
settings.pro to the configure script. This means users will know
that MythTV will not be compiled with joystick menu support on a
Mac if they look at the output of ./configure, even if they tried
to enable that setting.

This is only tested on my Linux computer, so I make no promises
for other operating systems, but I've tried to account for
everything.

-- Daniel