[mythtv] Mythcommflag dying on "invalid mb type in B Frame"

Blammo blammo.doh at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 23:32:12 UTC 2005

> >  89%/ 46fps[mpeg2video @ 0xb78b8854]invalid mb type in B Frame at 66 22
> >  90%/ 46fps
> > 1
> >
> > Finished commercial break flagging at Thu Feb 24 02:00:08 2005

> Flagging just "plays" the recording using the normal playback code,
> so if mythcommflag gets an error like this, then odds are you'd get the
> same error if you tried to watch the recording.  This error comes
> from the decoder, not mythcommflag.

It seems to me, as a novice, that errors in the recording stream seem
to have a profoundly negative effect on MythTV right now.

I have the at-least-once-a-day frontend lock on HDTV content. When I
dropped out or errored in some way. The picture is flawless, not
pixeled / boxed / etc, so I'm not so sure it's a signal quality thing.

Mythcommflag simply died at 90%

Devs: I'm not sure where, and what type of info to pull to help with
this. I'm keeping several files around that kill the frontend, and
mythcommflag hoping I can do some good with them.