[mythtv] OSD no longer fading on pvr350

Dan Wilga dwilga at MtHolyoke.edu
Thu Feb 24 16:19:32 UTC 2005

At 9:44 PM -0600 2/23/05, David Engel wrote:
>I recently noticed the OSD is no longer fades out on my pvr350 system.
>It goes completely off after the normal display time.  The OSD fades
>just fine on my remote frontend with software decoding.  I thought it
>might have something to do with the BLT_FILL ioctl available in newer
>ivtv drivers, but that doesn't appear to be the case.  Is anyone else
>seeing this?

Personally, I prefer it this way. I find that having it fade out
results in too much screen clutter if you have browse mode for
up/down arrows turned on. With fade working the way it used to, you
could select a channel, wait for it to be tuned, and then if you
right away pressed up or down again, the new OSD would appear on top
of the old one, making an unreadable mess.

This still happens somewhat, with the "broken" code, but it's nowhere
near as annoying.

Dan Wilga                                         dwilga at mtholyoke.edu
Web Administrator                             http://www.mtholyoke.edu
Mount Holyoke College                                Tel: 413-538-3027
South Hadley, MA  01075            "Who left the cake out in the rain?"