[mythtv] mythfilldatabase error with current cvs

Isaac Richards ijr at case.edu
Thu Feb 24 06:25:55 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 23 February 2005 11:47 pm, Neil Rubin wrote:
> Enabling mythtv to create temporary tables did fix precisely the same
> error messages when I was getting them--about a week ago.  My error
> messages included ones about failure to create the temporary tables,
> so I don't see how the database connection pool changes could have
> been causing the problem.

Right, you had a slightly different problem - just DB permissions.

His problem was due to temporary tables only being valid on the database
connection that created them. The initial checkin of that massive db change
was trying to use 2 different database connections.  If CVS from a week ago
was working for him, it had to have been this change, and not a permissions
issue.

> P.S.  Isaac, are you the same Isaac Richards who lived in Hitchcock
> House at CWRU sometime around 1996-98?  As suggested above, I've been
> using your code since practically the day you announced it in 2002,
> and I've been meaning to thank you for writing MythTV and making it
> available to the world.

Up on the 4th floor, yup.  Guess you'd be Neil from downstairs..  I remember
you. =)

Isaac