[mythtv] Problem with DVB Auto scan not picking up some channels

Ivor Hewitt ivor at ivor.org
Wed Feb 23 09:49:15 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 23 Feb 2005 09:25, Terry Barnaby wrote:
> I have just updated to Mythtv 0.17 from 0.16.
> I have cleared my channel settings and have tried to use the new DVB
> auto scan system to set up my channels.
>
> In general this seems to work fine, except that it appears to have missed
> quite a few channels from one particular multiplex.
>
> There is also one little issue with the GUI in that it does not seem
> possible to get to the "Scan for Channels" button using a IR remote or
> keyboard ...
>

> I am using the UK Mendip transmitter and the following multiplexes are
> listed in the dtv_multiplex database:

Hi Terry,

Well in that list all apart from:-

Ideal World
ftn
Br'tIdeas
TMF
TheHits

are radio/text stations and so ignored by the current scan code.

Now for those channels I don't know if this actually matters but your
multiplex table says:-
2/3, 3/4

But the channels.conf has these down as being:-
FEC_3_4:FEC_3_4

You might want to try tweaking the multiplex to be 3/4 3/4 and re-scanning.

Mind you... don't know why you'd want those channels. :-)

Regards,

--
Ivor
http://www.ivor.it/goog - MSN Search unbiased?