[mythtv] RE: Documentation

Simon Kenyon simon at koala.ie
Wed Feb 23 09:12:12 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 22 February 2005 23:41, Wendy Seltzer wrote:
> At 3:22 PM -0800 2/22/05, Nav Jagpal wrote:
> >I've been researching various operating systems.
> >
> >I think for beginners, a Live-CD installation like Ubuntu or Knoppix
> >might be easiest. Since they are both Debian based, we can use the
> >Debian packages to install MythTV.
> >
> >I'm leaning towards Knoppix because it has the 2.4 kernel which is
> >supported by MythTV... Not sure if 2.6 works (out of box) yet.
>
> If you want to build on the work EFF has done, we just released a
> "Cookbook"  describing step-by-step setup of MythTV for U.S. HDTV,
> with KnoppMyth and the pcHDTV HD-3000 card.
> <http://www.eff.org/broadcastflag/cookbook/>
>
> We're encouraging people to build HDTV PVRs before the broadcast flag
> outlaws manufacture of the tuners, and found that KnoppMyth offered
> an easy and full-featured way to get there.
>
> We'd be happy to see this document expanded to cover more of the
> surrounding features of MythTV.
>
> --Wendy
no practical use (in its current form) to me (Europe) but very nice indeed

please continue to update and expand it to cover more features of myth

you don't have to go into mythweb to get the channel information (well
certainly for DVB you don't). it is available in the setup program in the
channel editor.

regards
--
simon