[mythtv] MythSOAP Expressions Of Interest

Adam Jenkins ajenkins at infocomp.com
Mon Feb 21 02:47:45 UTC 2005

Yeah, I see your point.  The last thing you want to do is maintain logic in
multiple places, and, in regards to wire transfer, xml is extraordinarily
bulky...to be honest I completely didn't think of that.

Would any of your concerns be less if the SOAP layer followed a delegate
model (think dumb wrapper)?  Perhaps even auto generated?  The logic behind
SOAP was simply to reduce the development load from an integration point of
view.

What are your thoughts if that were the direction?