[mythtv] MythSOAP Expressions Of Interest

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Sun Feb 20 23:52:08 UTC 2005

bill peck wrote:

>While I do think SOAP would be handy I would settle for program guide
>data being available over the current Myth Protocol instead of having
>to do SQL calls.

This type of increased independence of the frontend was something I had
mentioned to Isaac as a point of interest to me.  Not specifically for
SOAP, but having more functions in the protocol would lend itself to
improving such an effort just as it could have a positive effect on the
MediaMVP work, etc.  He wasn't against it but noted that currently only
the functions required to be done on the backend are done there.  Not
sure when I might have time to visit this, but it is something I'd like
to work on as well.

Kevin