[mythtv] CVS and dvb audio problems

Staffan Pettersson staffan.pettersson at sverige.nu
Sat Feb 19 19:10:07 UTC 2005

Citerat från Jesper Sörensen <jesper at datapartner.se>:

> Staffan Pettersson skrev:
> >1, If i tune to a channel with ac3 audio and then change to a mpeg
> audio
> >channel, mythfrontend does'nt seem to reinit audio and no sound is
> produced.
> >

> No idea, but you're going to have to post a better log than that
> ("mythfrontend -v all" perhaps?). It's good to trim it down but in that
> excerpt there was nothing useful left...
> >2. If a use ALSA:spdif, i never gets sound on two channels that have
> very low
> >bitrate (Discovery channel and Animal planet)
> >

> I don't think it has to do with bitrate, but it looks like mono audio.
> Perhaps Myth should "expand" mono tracks to stereo internally, but as a
> workaround try using the "plug" module and "route_policy duplicate" in
> your asoundrc.

Thanks for the replay

The first problem is fixed! I switched from ps to ts mode in mythsetup, and now
i can switch from a channel that contains ac3 audio to one with mpeg without
losing any sound :=)

The second problem still remains. I must be frank, i have tried to understand
how the asoundrc file workes, but i dont seem to get it, I would be greatful if
you can post a example file how to duplicate audio channels?

Best regards

  Klicka här och välj din kommun! - http://www.lokalnyheterna.se