[mythtv] TS mode FF/RW issues

Tim Davies tim at opensystems.net.au
Fri Feb 18 23:45:48 UTC 2005

I have had a look at this, and it seems to be either two things:

- TS streams with a separate PCR stream (ie. not the video stream), or
- TS streams with a 27MHz clock (rather than 90kHz?)

As these are one and the same here (Perth, Aus) and I now don't have
time to look at it anymore, I didn't get any further!

The mpegts.c code seems to have functions to read separate PCR streams,
but only uses this if it detects the stream as raw.  I think this is
when it can't find any services in the SDT or PAT.  Which doesn't happen
for DVB.

As far as I know (and I haven't looked very closely at all!), the code
assumes a clock speed of 90kHz.

And that is where I got to...

Tim.