[mythtv] innodb vs myism preformance

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Fri Feb 18 21:40:21 UTC 2005

> > This stutter could be the actual delete going on in the background.
>
> Actually I meant to say the stutter happened after the delete dialog
> was "finished". My recollection is that when you ask to delete a
> confirm dialog pops up. when you tell it to REALLY delete the confirm
> dialog dissapears, but the GUI pauses before repainting the main

That's why I described exactly what's going on in the delete thread
because the watch recordings screen reloads twice.  Once before the
actual file and database delete and once after.  I wish there was a
way to get rid of this 2nd reload but it is necessary to get the
free space updated.  Maybe we should just do a query on the freespace
rather than loading the whole recordings list since the backend knows
whether the list needs to be reloaded (ie when the file couldn't be
deleted and needs to show up again on the watch recordings screen).

--

Chris