[mythtv] Fwd: Increased Network Traffic

Geoffrey Kruse gkruse at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 04:26:34 UTC 2005

I am using the latest cvs of mythtv with a backend on debian and a
frontend on mac os x.  The backend has 2 pvr 250s.   Sometime in the
last couple of weeks, mythtv has become unusable over my 802.11g
connection.  Typically, to watch tv, i used to see network traffic of
around 600kb/s.  RIght now, when I watch tv, my network traffic is
around 2.2 Mb/s which is about the best 802.11g can do.  And, the video
is now jumpy with this increased net traffic.  Watching the same file
in vlc over an http connection results in < 400 kb/s in network traffic
so something is amiss with mythtv.  Any ideas on what is causing this
huge amount of network traffic?

Geoff Kruse