[mythtv] Mythfrontend 0.17 (debian packages) segfaults

Alexander Fisher mythtv at alexfisher.me.uk
Thu Feb 17 18:47:17 UTC 2005

Hi.

I can consistently get mythfrontend to seg fault when editing a recording of
'Friends' (recorded this morning).  I live in the UK and use two Nova-T DVB
cards on a Debian Sarge backend.[1]  I'm currently also running the frontend
on this machine but intend to move to using an xbox when they come back in
stock.

These are the steps I take to trigger the segfault.
1.  Start playback of recording
2.  Enter 'edit mode'
3.  Load commercial cutlist (OT: 5 commercial breaks detected!)
4.  Skip forward to first cutpoint
5.  Bang.  If I've fired up mythfrontend using gdb I get a solid green
frame. (Is this a clue?)

I've attached both today's backend log and gdb output with some backtrace
commands run (I'm a gdb newbie).

Its probably relevant to mention, (it can be seen from the logs), that my
reception is currently pretty poor and I get a fair few dropped packets.
My C++ skills are almost non-existent, so I hope somebody will be able to
help me out with this.

Many thanks,
Alex

[1] For those who read my previous post to the myth-users list, I never did
get the nova-T's working in my gigabyte motherboard and am now using an
Athlon 1.4Gz system instead.