[mythtv] Re: Re: Re: Re: 0.17 playback on PVR-350 tvout has bad framecount timing

David Engel gigem at comcast.net
Thu Feb 17 04:36:05 UTC 2005

On Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 07:40:18PM -0600, David Engel wrote:
> You'll probably need to adjust some of the other magic offsets in
> ReadWrite.  The 4s and 3s might need to be changed to 6s and 5s,

FYI, the whole problem cropped up because the current buffering
doesn't preserve the alighment in the file.  In all of the exaamples
I've seen, the PCITURE_STARTs are sufficiently aligned that an end of
buffer check shouldn't be needed.  I haven't liked that code from the
time I wrote it and intended to revisit it to preserve the alignment.
I think that can be done at the cost of wasting a little memory, but
don't know when I'll get to it.

David
--
David Engel