[mythtv] Looking at program description while watching LiveTV or recorded show

Greg Turnquist gregturn at mindspring.com
Thu Feb 17 04:17:24 UTC 2005

When watching a recording or LiveTV, you press 'i', and get a pop-up at the
bottom of the screen. This has the channel on the tab, and the description of
the program being shown.

I am interested in working on a patch to somehow either scroll that
information horizontally if it is wider than the screen, or scroll vertically
like a teleprompter so you can read the whole thing. Need to try some options
and figure out what is possible with Qt. Probably create some sort of
configurable scrolling rate so the user can set what speed it would move
text.

The point is, I can never read the descriptions, because only a few words are
visible while actually watching the show, and I am trying to dig through this
code and find it's point of entry to start reading. I was looking at
libs/libmythtv/tv_play.cpp, and found TV::DoInfo(). Is this the point of
entry for drawing that widget on the screen? If not, where is it?
Greg Turnquist
gregturn at mindspring.com
http://www.mindspring.com/~gregturn/right_turn