[mythtv] Feature request

Neil Milne neil.milne at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 20:55:28 UTC 2005

> Quoting Staffan Pettersson <staffan.pettersson at sverige.nu>:
> > I use mythtv with a dvb-t card and were i live (Sweden) my provider has
> > channels
> > that dont broadcast 24/7, and if i by misstake tune to that channel i get a
> > black screen and after 15 secs returns to the frontend. After that a
> > have to either record something or go in to mythsetup and replace default
> > starting channel.

It's the same in the UK. I've not needed a fix because we almost never
watch live tv but when testing Myth initially I did have the same
trouble.

I was going to write a little sql script which I could fire off from
the remote to update the backend database with a known good starting
channel. I seem to remember it's a single update which is required (or
one per card possibly...). Never got around to it though...

That might be worth considering before any real fixes come through?

--
Neil Milne