[mythtv] audio init bug in NuppelVideoPlayer::StartPlaying

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Tue Feb 15 17:52:22 UTC 2005

On 15-Feb-05, at 12:46 AM, Isaac Richards wrote:
> To control the volume of the pvr-350 card inside of myth,
> you must have it hooked up to your soundcard

Got it. However, I *don't* want myth to control the volume. There's
also the case of someone with no audio card who wants to use the 350's
audio output solely.

The 350 is sort of a special case so it seems fair to check the
MythControlsVolume setting when we test for an ivtv output device and
skip the init when it's not necessary. I also think the docs need to be
updated for this specific device. I read them and the code and still
ended up with the wrong impression.

I'm happy to take care of both changes but I'd like a go-ahead before I
submit a patch that gets pooped on.

- George