[mythtv] Streaming Prebuffering Pause

Blammo blammo.doh at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 17:19:48 UTC 2005

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 17:29:49 +0800, Nathan Manzi <plasma at synaptik.com.au> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am having the exact same problem. It will play for a while though,
> then lock spewing "prebuffering pause" after "timed out waiting for free
> video buffers."
>
> The system is a 2.8ghz P4 LGA-520, 512mb RAM, FusionHDTV Plus (Chris
> Pascoe's DVB Drivers), GeForce 6200 - running kernel 2.6.10-gentoo-r6
> with USE="dvb nvidia opengl alsa mmx".

I'll see if I can beat the other devs to the punch, and suggest this
(since I've already gotten smacked for me-to posts):

I'm working on doing backtraces myself, but so far it isn't working
like the document suggests. I've done the recompile, gdb mythfrontend,
and run, and it never starts the front end. If someone can tell me
what I'm doing wrong, I'll happily post any backtraces I can.