[mythtv] quirk with Record One Showing Daily

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Tue Feb 15 02:01:10 UTC 2005

First off, many many thanks for this feature. It has saved me from the
oodles of manual shuffling I used to do.

The quirk I've noticed is with a program I record that has its "fresh"
showing each weekday at 8pm with a rebroadcast the following afternoon.
Monday afternoon's showing is a repeat of Friday evening but because >
1 day has passed the scheduler fails to associate the two and I get an
extra Friday. There are no episode descriptions so duplicate matching
that way is out.

Deleting one duplicate episode a week is better than before but, of
course, having it all would be so much nicer.

The obvious solution is to add a "Record One Showing Each Weekday" /
kFindWeekdayRecord option to the RecordingType enum and fill in the
relevant behaviour in the scheduler ( which I'm not sure how to do yet
=)

If the powers that be feel that this is a good approach I'm happy to
jump in there and take care of it.

- George