[mythtv] DVB Scan hangs (1/1)

Jim Daley jdaley at cix.co.uk
Sun Feb 13 11:12:00 UTC 2005

I'm having the same issues as Frank Muenchow with an EPIA M10000/2.6.10
kernel and the DEC 2000 t - but I think it might be more of a timing
issue.  (mplayer, tzap, dvbsnoop etc all work fine.)

I'm wholly new to this code/list so please assume I don't know what I'm
taling about - I'm replying because I wouldn't want anyone looking in the
wrong area  -

I added print_verbose_messages = VB_ALL;  to the setup main and I believe
that the output (attached) shows that the NIT/SIT tables are being read
and the SIParser code is seeing all channels available.

On screen the scan simply sits there exceedingly slowly chugging along the
progress bar - it's not actually stuck at 10% - it just takes a long while
to go to 11% - if you go away for a half hour or so it gets to 100% but
simply hangs - the attached was obtained after hitting cancel once the had
been at 100% for a minute or two. This scan logs faster because
In trying to see what is happening I'd modified the scanwizard.cpp
PROGRESS_MAX to 100 (was 1000).

The reason I'm suggesting timing effects is that its quite easy to get
'Unable to open card' errors when trying to start the scan

cheers
jim