[mythtv] [patch] firewire mpeg2ts input

James Purl forsgump at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 10:07:01 UTC 2005

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 22:12:04 -0800, Tom Harding <tomh at thinlink.com> wrote:
> Jim Westfall wrote:
>
> > Attached is a patch that enables firewire mpeg2ts as a valid input in
> > linux (x86/ppc).  Its been tested on set top models DCT-6200 and SA
> > 3250 thus far.  I would appreciate additional testers and any feed back.
>
> Works on my DCT-6412 (Comcast HD DVR box).  Hardest thing was getting
> libiecXXXXX to compile.  The LIBRAW1394 macros were not defined so I had
> to wing it.  I don't have a capture card, so the first time I ever ran
> MythTV was with your Firewire support today.  Thanks!
>
> A useful feature would be the ability to generate output in the original
> .ts format as well as (or instead of) .nuv (for reasons I won't bore you
> with).
>
>     -Tom, East Palo Alto, CA

I have a DCT-6412. Not sure if anyone needs it, but I had to add a
couple DEFINES to 6200ch.c before it would work with my DCT-6412 (Cox
Cable in KS).  I renamed it 6xxxch.c and am attaching. Original credit
for 6200ch.c goes to Stacey Son.  Compile according to instructions in
6200ch-README distributed with Myth.