[mythtv] nuv->split->dvd

Marcus Metzler mocm at mocm.de
Sun Feb 13 09:47:53 UTC 2005

    Fa> For the life of me, I can't figure this out.  I have a nuv
    Fa> file 10GB total that I would like to split into 2 pieces so I
    Fa> can feed it to dvdauthor.  This should be fairly trivial since
    Fa> all I need to do is cut the mpeg2 file in have.  I have tried
    Fa> several things.  The first is nuvexport, but it is trying to
    Fa> do re-encoding and I don't think it is necessary to re-encode.
    Fa> The 2nd try was with a utility called mpgtx (aka mpgtx-split).
    Fa> This lead to mpg files that dvdauthor doesn't like.  I tried
    Fa> mpgtx both with the nuv file, then with the mpg created by the
    Fa> mplex.  I have sucessfully created DVDs before using the
    Fa> following snippet of a script:

    Fa> mpeg2desc -a0 < $1 > aud0 & mpeg2desc -v0 < $1 > vid0 & mplex
    Fa> -f 8 -V -o dvdmpg aud0 vid0 dvdauthor -o $WORKDIR -f dvdmpg
    Fa> dvdauthor -o $WORKDIR -T

there is a tool called split_mpeg in the dvb-mpegtools that come with
the libdvb package. It is a simple method that I also use to jump
forward in mpeg files in ntuxplayer. It looks for the closest PES with
sequence-header given a filesize, i.e. usage: split_mpg <filename>
<size>.

Marcus

| mocm at metzlerbros.de            | http://www.metzlerbros.de/        |
 |>>>             Quis custodiet ipsos custodies                 <<<|