[mythtv] DVB onair EPG - long event Info

Kristian Kalweit kalweit at exorpro.de
Fri Feb 11 06:59:46 UTC 2005

Hi,

I reported this some time ago, but I was not sure if this was a bug or
only missformed EPG data. Now I found some cutted show descriptions
again. There are only the last part of the description in db, beginning
in a middle of a word or in the middle of a sentence.

E.g. I get description like this:

"walt mehr antut? Oder wollte Barbara ihrem Mann eine Lektion erteilen?"

walt is a half of a german word.

If I use tv_grab_dvb, I get this:

<programme channel="46.dvb.guide" start="20050211150000"
stop="20050211155800">
        <title lang="DEU">Richter Hold</title>
        <desc lang="DEU">Richter Hold</desc>
        <!-- Long Event Info Detected - Bug Author to decode -->
</programme>

So I think there is something special about this descriptions, because
this is also not implemted in tv_grab_dvb. I found this in the code of
tv_grab_dvb:

                          switch (tag)
                                {
                                        case 0:
                                                break;;
                                        case 0x4D: //short evt desc,
[title] [desc]
                                                if (round == 0)

parseEventDescription(desc+i);
                                                break;;
                                        case 0x4E: //long evt descriptor
                                                if (round == 0)
                                                        printf("\t<!--
Long Event Info Detected - Bug Author to decode -->\n");
                                                break;;

Kristian.