[mythtv] Failed DVB recording

Jesper Sörensen jesper at datapartner.se
Thu Feb 10 20:14:53 UTC 2005

Taylor Jacob wrote:

>>In fact that's why I noticed what was happing because it was using
>>far more CPU than normal and caused other things to slow down.
>>

>DVBSIparser might have gotten into a tight loop, but there is a usleep in there
>to avoid that.  How much cpu was being consumed?

This is a secondary issue, probably caused by the tuning problem, and
I've seen it too (after loss of signal)... When the DVB card fails to
deliver data the backend somehow goes into a spin and takes all the CPU
it can get. Might be something wrong with the poll/read loop in
dvbrecorder or dvbsiparser, or maybe a bug in the DVB drivers. I did
some investigations some time ago but couldn't figure it out, and now I
haven't seen it for some time so I'm kinda hoping there was something
broken in the DVB drivers that is fixed now. :)