[mythtv] Problem with CVS MythTV with DVB-S

Noone Important nooneimprt4nt at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 03:04:11 UTC 2005

I recently upgraded my CVS for mythtv (I was running something close
to 0.16) and found that I was having real problems.  Specifically
while using my Hauppague Nexus (Full-Featured card), tuning works ok,
PIDs are found correctly, but as soon as I try to watch a (FTA)
channel, I get a bunch of Malformed PAT messages (if I turn on -v
siparser), and the video times out without any video.  However, if I
switch to using my budget DVB-S card (a Hauppauge Nova) I can watch TV
and record just fine (and those Malformed PAT messages never appear).

I traced it down to using DVB_PES_OTHER.  I dropped in a check that
uses DVB_PES_AUDIO or DVB_PES_VIDEO depending on the ES value in
'OpenFilters' and then everything was working again.

This is exceedingly odd, as the filter code has basically nothing to
do with the siparser.  I am guessing it is dvb driver bug (I'm running
a 2.6.8.1 kernel), but in attempting to upgrade to 2.6.11-rc3  my dvb
cards stopped working altogether, so I haven't been able to follow
that track yet.

Anyone have any more insight as to what is going on?  I can leave my
hack in, but would prefer to find the real problem.

Thanks.