[mythtv] Firewire: How to test input?

Nate Carlson natecars at natecarlson.com
Wed Feb 9 17:46:09 UTC 2005

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005, Jim Westfall wrote:
> sorry I think we are talking about different meanings of channel.
> There is the channel on your tv/cablebox and the communication channel
> in firewire.
>
> The firewire utils/libs know nothing about which channel you are tuned
> to on your cablebox.

Oh, I thought that the communication for the firewire box was calling the
pid or something - sorry, I'm very new to this! I'm not sure what channel
Windows is using - I just followed the directions at:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=403695

Is there any way under Linux to probe what channel it should be using?

Would it be better to take this thread to the Linux1394 list?